RetroPage 2.0 Changelog
Retroity · November 18, 2017
RetroPage 2.0 is here! It's one of the biggest updates in RetroPage history, bringing tons of new features and changes. Here is the full changelog of this update.
- New Options Menu: Instead of having all the options to the side, they're now organized in a menu.
- Custom CSS: Customize the look and feel of RetroPage
- Custom Logo: Replace the RetroPage logo with a image of the user's choosing
- Custom Search Engine: Set a custom search engine for use with RetroPage instead of the default ones.
- Keyboard Shortcuts: Many things in RetroPage now have Keyboard Shortcuts, making it easier and faster to customize RetroPage.
- Reset Page: If something goes wrong or you want to start over, the reset page allows you to clear all RetroPage settings and completely start over.
- RetroPage Blog: RetroPage now has a blog for information and updates regarding RetroPage and it's development.
- License Page: Simple page showing RetroPage's license info.
Changes and Improvements
- Switched to the Zepto library from jQuery, shrinking page size and vastly improving load times.
- StartPage and Searx are now included search engines.
- The search bar is now significantly wider than previously.
- The blue search button has been replaced with a magnifying glass icon
- Dark Mode now affects the color of the search bar
- Removed unneccessary CSS rules
- The localStorage item "darkmodeon" has been renamed to "themestatus". The change from the old name to the new one will happen automatically for all users.
- The "Important Updates" post has been moved to the blog
- Added more relevant links to the footer
- The footer now properly sticks to the bottom
- Added the footer to pages that didn't have it
- Updated the contributing guidelines
- Many files now have two versions: a minified, "normal" version, and a "source" version, made for editing
- The old PNG logo has been replaced with a SVG one, increasing performance